Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are important in keeping the body healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for preventing cancer cells and maintaining your heart and cognitive function. This is why you need to include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential for the body and their deficiency can lead to many problems. There are certain signs that indicate an omega-3 deficiency in the body. You can easily meet this deficiency with a good diet.
What is Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
First of all, it is important that you understand what omega-3 fatty acids are. It is a group of polyunsaturated fatty acids that are considered essential for our body to function. Omega-3 acids provide the body with energy. By consuming it, your heart, blood vessels, lungs and immune system function optimally.
Why are omega-3 fatty acids important?
When you have enough omega-3 fatty acids in your body, you can avoid many health problems.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids are very important for heart health. It helps your heart function properly.
2. They reduce inflammation in the blood vessels.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids provide menstrual pain relief.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
5. You maintain the chemical balance in the brain and improve your memory, mood, and intelligence.
Symptoms of Omega-3 Fatty Acids Deficiency
1. Skin dryness: Omega-3 fatty acids help keep the skin hydrated. They occur naturally in the cell walls of the skin. However, if your skin has become dry and lifeless, it may be due to a lack of omega-3s.
2. Breaking nails: In some people, the nails become very thin and soft. They tend to break quickly. If your nails are so brittle, it could be a sign of an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency. You should consult a doctor.
3. Lack of sleep: If you are constantly feeling tired and lethargic, there may be a lack of omega-3 fatty acids in your body. This can also affect your sleep. Research has found that people who have a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids tend to sleep well.
4. Loss of focus: Due to a lack of omega-3 fatty acids, you cannot focus on any work. You are easily distracted. The lack of omega-3s can affect your concentration.
Things That Can Help Fix Omega-3 Fatty Acids Deficiency
– Chia seeds
– rapeseed oil
– kidney beans
– soybean oil
Apart from that, you can also take omega-3 supplements (consult a doctor first).
Check out health tools below-
Calculate your body mass index (BMI)
Calculate the age using the age calculator