The power of these vitamins is derived from the essential fatty acids DHA (Docosahexanoic Acid), EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DPA (Docosapentaenoic Acid). By “essential”, it is meant that your body cannot manufacture these fats internally; they have to be supplied from an external source such as cold water fish like mackerel, sardines and salmon.
These fats are known as Omega 3 fats, and are not found in your normal diet. That’s why most adults are deficient in them and need to take fish oil vitamins to ensure their adequate levels in the body.
Why Omega 3?
There are a whole lot of benefits to be had by this 100% natural group of nutrients –
1) They have been proven to reduce the incidence of heart disease to a great degree. Even the American Heart Association recommends taking fish oil on a regular basis to keep the heart running in prime shape.
2) 30% of the human brain is made up of DHA omega 3 fats. So it’s easy to see why a fish oil vitamin can make your brain sharper, improve your memory and concentration and help children have a higher IQ.
3) DHA fats also increase the Serotonin levels in the brain. As lower levels of this chemical are associated with problems like depression, fish oil vitamins work very well as natural anti depressants.
4) These fats also have tremendous anti-inflammatory properties. They help in fighting off the inflammation that is the root cause of breast and prostrate cancers.
5) Their anti-inflammatory effect also helps in relieving pain associated with Rheumatoid arthritis.
And not to forget – having a beautiful skin, healthier hair and a stronger immune system are the other benefits that you will get by increasing the intake of EPA DHA fats.
Which One to Buy?
The next question then, logically, is – which omega 3 supplement should you buy?
You need to look for a quality supplement made from DHA rich fish like the hoki (a New Zealand fish), salmon and tuna. A mix of hoki and tuna oil has been found to be especially beneficial as it adds a unique synergistic value for your health, which cannot be explained yet by science.
Also, a day’s serving of the supplement should provide you at least 250 mg DHA and 100 mg EPA. This is a must to get all the benefits Omega 3 fats have to offer. DPA is not that critical and even lower levels i.e. around 40 mg would be sufficient.
Xtend Life fish oil vitamins are amongst the best of the lot, and fare really well on these parameters. Go check them out right now and let the power of Omega 3 work for your health.